Assistant or Associate Professor of Early Childhood Education
Nevada State College (NSC) appreciates your interest in employment. To ensure your application process runs smoothly, we ask that you keep in mind the following when completing your application:
- The required documents are listed below on the posting. Your application may not be considered if you do not attach the required documents.
- Draft applications are saved automatically and can be accessed through your candidate home account. Completed applications must be submitted prior to the close of the recruitment. Once a recruitment has closed, applications will no longer be accepted.
- Please note, recruitment will close without notice when a hiring decision has been made.
If you need assistance or have questions regarding the application process, please contact the Human Resources department at (702) 992-2320 or email@example.com.
Nevada State College (NSC) invites applications for the position of Assistant or Associate Professor of Early Childhood Education.
About Nevada State College
Founded in 2002, Nevada State College (NSC) is a four-year public college located on a developing 512-acre campus in the foothills of Henderson, Nevada (adjacent to Las Vegas). Our faculty members enjoy the rare opportunity to mold the college as it continues to grow into a cornerstone of higher education in Southern Nevada. NSC faculty work in state-of-the-art facilities that feature smart classrooms and a Finance Lab that allows students to use real-world and timely information during class. The average class size across campus is 27 students. For more information about NSC, watch this video about student life at NSC.
NSC, a Hispanic Serving Institution (HSI), serves over 5,000 students who are highly diverse and largely underserved; a majority of our students are first generation, racial/ethnic minorities, parents, and/or returning students. As a teaching-oriented institution, our faculty focus on high-quality instruction, engaging learning experiences, and innovative techniques to improve student learning.
About the School of Education at NSC
Our School of Education (SOE) is an exciting place to be. More than 600 undergraduate and post-baccalaureate students are pursuing licensure programs in elementary, special, & secondary education as well as speech-language pathology. In response to a statewide shortage of early childhood educators, NSC has made a strong commitment to building out the School of Education (SOE). New academic programs continue to be added and exciting initiatives are emerging. A Master's Degree in Speech-Pathology launched in the Fall of 2019. The next new program is slated to be a baccalaureate early childhood inclusive (EC/ECSE) program. We are seeking a talented individual who will help build this new academic program. The projected launch date for this program is the Fall of 2021.
Diversity and Inclusion Statement:
At Nevada State College, we celebrate the storied backgrounds of our campus community. We operate with a shared commitment to represent and serve the diverse population of Nevada and to encourage the exchange of ideas that respects and honors the lived experiences of our students, staff, and faculty. We foster a culture of inclusive excellence so our members can live authentically, fully engage, and flourish. In order to strengthen the college and progress its mission, the college dedicates itself to intentional and ongoing reflection to meeting the evolving needs of NSC, the surrounding communities, and the State of Nevada.
The ideal candidate will share the College's commitment to educating its racially and socioeconomically diverse student population. As of Fall 2019, we currently enroll over 5,000 students in which 36% are Hispanic, 13% are Asian/Pacific Islander, 8% are Black/African American, 25% are White, and 14% are multiracial. Nevada State College is a Hispanic-serving institution. The successful candidate will join a department dedicated to the use of curriculum that's culturally responsive to the students it serves.
Throughout your application materials, we encourage you to highlight your background in fostering an inclusive campus culture and supporting the success of students who are historically underrepresented in higher education. For example, your efforts might include contributions in the areas of teaching, mentoring, advising, research, and/or institutional service.
- Provide leadership in academic curriculum and program development of an undergraduate inclusive early childhood education program
- Teach inclusive early childhood education courses (ECE/ECSE)
- Academic advising and mentoring of undergraduates
- Collaborate with NSC colleagues, the local school district, and partner institutions to effectively prepare early childhood inclusive educators to work in the community
- Engage in scholarly activities consistent with the Standards of Academe
- Participate in service within the School, College, and Community
- Doctoral degree in EC and/or ECSE or closely related field (ABD candidates will be considered)
- A minimum of three years of teaching experience in ECE/ECSE settings
- Ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse communities and cultures
Please note: Applicants must meet the posted minimum qualifications at the time of application in order to be considered for the position.
- Experience teaching courses at a college or university level
- Previous curriculum writing experience
- Bilingual (Spanish and English)
- Eligible for a Nevada license to teach ECE/ECSE
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Passion for student success and team building
- Desire to work with diverse student and client populations
Rank, Salary & Benefits:
- Assistant or Associate Professor;Tenure track
- Highly competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience (9-month appointment)
- Nevada State College offers excellent benefits, including 15.25% retirement match, beginning balance of 30 sick leave days, 11 paid holidays, educational benefits, and two health insurance plans that can be supplemented with flexible spending accounts or health savings accounts
This Posting is Open Until Filled
Qualified individuals are encouraged to apply immediately. Lists of eligible candidates will be established and hiring may occur early in the recruiting process. The review of applications begins on or around 30 days after posting, and will continue until the position is filled. Recruitment will close without notice when a hiring decision has been made.
Special Instructions for Internal NSHE Applicants
NSC employees or employees within the Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE, UNLV, UNR, NSC, CSN, TMCC, WNC, GBC, or DRI) MUST use the Find Jobs process within Workday to find and apply for jobs at NSC and other NSHE Institutions. Once you log into Workday, type "Find Jobs" in the search box which will navigate to the internal job posting site.
If you complete an application outside of the internal application process, your application will be returned and you will have to reapply as an internal applicant which may delay your application.
Please upload the following documents:
- Detailed CV or resume listing relevant qualifications and experience
- Letter of interest indicating why, given the stated required and preferred qualifications, you are a good fit for the position and Nevada State College
- Statement of Teaching Philosophy
- Names and contact information of three references, at least one of whom can speak to your teaching ability (you will be notified before references are contacted)
The search committee may ask for more materials at later stages in the application process.
Throughout your application materials, we encourage you to highlight your background in fostering an inclusive campus culture and supporting the success of students who are historically underrepresented in higher education.
Applications that do not include the required uploaded documents may not be considered.
Posting Close Date
Note to Applicant
Applicants should fully describe their qualifications and experience with specific reference to each of the minimum and preferred qualifications in their cover letter. The search committee will use this information during the initial review of application materials.
References will be contacted at the appropriate phase of the recruitment process.
This position may require a criminal background check to be conducted on the candidate(s) selected for hire.
As part of the hiring process, applicants for positions in the Nevada System of Higher Education may be required to demonstrate the ability to perform job-related tasks.
Nevada State College does not currently sponsor Visas, all applicants must be eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship.
Nevada State College
To apply, visit https://nshe.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/NSC-external/job/NSC---Henderson/Assistant-or-Associate-Professor-of-Early-Childhood-Education_R0118821
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency