Early Childhood Resource Program Coordinator
- Work Department: Center for Best Practices in Early Childhood
- Class Title/Code: Program Coordinator (5002)
- Effective Date: Jul 2, 2021
The employee works mostly with teachers in early childhood classrooms and also creates and provides professional development through workshops and webinars.
An Early Childhood Resource Program Coordinator typically:
- Develops and/or conducts workshops, webinars, podcasts and other training events including: summer camps, day camps, statewide/PDNO meetings, and focus group events
- Participates in the annual planning meeting to develop the yearly calendar of events
- Travels throughout Illinois to facilitate and present workshops and other training events; to attend project meetings, statewide meetings, and conferences; and to provide on-site consultations with teachers and/or families
- Provides technical assistance or consultation via face-to-face meetings, web meetings, email, or phone conversations
- Corresponds with early childhood administrators, teachers, and support staff
- Keeps up-to-date by attending professional development events annually
- Stays abreast of changes and additions to federal and state relevant legislation
- Conducts ongoing formal or informal needs assessment and creates activities to meet those needs
- Works collaboratively with Early Childhood stakeholders, including state agencies and their grantees
- Participates in statewide Early Childhood activities and/or serves on statewide Early Childhood committees, consortiums, or stakeholder groups
- Collaborate with other ISBE funded early childhood personnel through attendance at project and statewide meetings with cohorts
- Responds to requests for information, training, and resources
- Participates in developing and implementing the annual strategic plan
- Maintains records and write reports
- Promotes STAR NET's training and funding opportunities
- Required Qualifications:
- A Bachelor's degree in Early Childhood or Early Childhood Special Education, or a bachelor's degree in a related field
- A total of two (2) years (24 months) classroom experience with children ages 3-8 years of age with special needs
- Possession of a valid driver's license and the ability to travel, including some overnight stays
- Starting Salary: $3538/month
- Application Deadline: Jul 31, 2021
- Additional Information:
This position will serve Star Net regions 1 & 3. For more information, please refer to https://starnet.org/home/.
Employment - Information & Instructions
Complete an Employment Application online. Submit supplemental application materials, which may include transcripts, licenses, certifications, resume, and a copy of the DD214 (if applicable), via email to HR-Testing@wiu.edu.
All application materials are due in the WIU Human Resources Office no later than 4:30 p.m. the day of the application deadline.
Western Illinois University is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity employer with a strong commitment to diversity and a non-discrimination policy that includes sex, race, color, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, religion, age, marital status, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
For questions regarding the application process, please contact:
Human Resources Office
Sherman Hall 105
1 University Circle
Macomb, IL 61455
Phone: (309) 298-1971 ext. 1
Fax: (309) 298-2300
Open: Monday - Friday; 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency