Instructor Collegiate School Bradenton STEM electives/PE instructor
SCF Collegiate School is a tuition free charter located on the SCF college campus, serving grades 6-12. Juniors and seniors participate in the Dual Enrollment Program, enrolled full time on the college campus. Students are able to earn their Associate of Arts degree upon their high school graduation.
This instructor position teaches three semester sections of middle school, 6th,7th, 8th and 10th grade STEM courses. Mid-year, the position transitions to a PE elective for the second semester.
This position seeks a candidate with interest in the STEM fields and a creativity to redesign a traditional PE course with STEM components. A candidate with an innovate and inspired perspective is welcome to apply for this position, which will have many supports for curriculum and design.
1. Adheres to the rules and regulations as prescribed by the State Board of Education Florida Statutes, State College of Florida, the school board, and administrative procedures.
2. Adheres to College Rules and Procedures, which reflect updated Federal, state, and local legislation/regulations and College policy that govern the educational process.
3. Prepares, maintains, and submits accurate and complete records and reports as required by the State Board of Education Florida Statutes, the school board, and administrative procedures.
4. Assists in upholding and enforcing school rules, administrative procedures and Board policies.
5. Maintains a classroom and school environment which is safe, orderly, and conducive to effective learning, and appropriate to the maturity and interest of all students.
6. Demonstrates a professional attitude, philosophy, compassion, and commitment that promotes student growth and learning.
7. Supports the student learning plan through presentations, mentoring, coaching, and tutoring individual students.
8. Meets and instructs assigned classes in the locations and at the times designated.
9. Is available to support students during time that is not scheduled or assigned.
10. Acts as a mentor to motivate and encourage students to learn across all subject areas.
11. Holds students accountable for weekly schedules and learning goals.
12. Maintains open communication with parents, administrators, and other instructors about student progress.
13. Evaluates student progress and makes recommendations for student improvement on a continual basis.
14. Prepares and maintains lesson plans for classes assigned, and shows written evidence of preparation upon request of supervisor.
15. Works collaboratively with other teachers and administrators to develop teaching materials.
16. Pursues innovative approaches to instructional delivery, including creative and effective uses of technology and online instruction, differentiated instruction and project-based assessments, and incorporation of current original events.
17. Understands and integrates available technology, materials and tools related to the job on a regular basis, including mobile technology, active board, and online resources
18. Employs a variety of instructional techniques and instructional media, consistent with the physical limitations of the location provided and the needs and capabilities of all individuals or student groups involved.
19. Actively participates in the College's sustainability practices and initiatives.
20. Embraces a multicultural environment, demonstrates an understanding of first-generation college families, and supports the College's diversity initiatives.
21. Exhibits the willingness and ability to adapt to an environment of continuous growth and fast-paced change.
22. Maintains a professional appearance at all times.
23. Maintains attendance and punctuality.
24. Promotes positive public relations for the school and the institution.
25. Performs related duties as required.
Bachelors or Masters degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher education in the specific teaching discipline as outlined below.
Florida certification, or pending certification, in PE (6-12) or related field is required. Maintains a valid Florida Teaching Certificate or appropriate certification.
Knowledge or experience with technology electives/coding, programming, Vex Robots and experience with students in middle school. Experience with PE, fitness, health and wellness.
Special Instructions to Applicants
All college searches are subject to compliance with Floridas Public Records Law and all documents submitted become the property of the college.
This position is not eligible for veteran preference. Please contact Human Resources at (941) 752-5375 if you have any questions.
Requires successful completion of criminal background screenings and employment reference checks.
Department Name: SCF Collegiate School
Work Schedule: 10 Month
Work Hours From: 7:30 AM
Work Hours To: 3:30 PM
Total Hours Per Week: 40
Requested Start Date: July 29, 2021
Job Type: Full Time
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Hiring Range: $47,500 - $53,400
Job Open Date: 03/03/2021
Job Close Date:
Open Until Filled: No
To apply, visit https://employment.scf.edu/postings/3808
State College of Florida, Manatee-Sarasota does not discriminate on the basis of sex, pregnancy, race, religion, age, national origin/ethnicity, color, marital status, disability, genetic information or sexual orientation in any of its educational programs, services and activities, including admission and employment. Direct inquiries regarding nondiscrimination policies to: Equity Officer, 941-752-5323, 5840 26th St. W., Bradenton, FL 34207.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency